- 125g butter
- 225g self-raising flour
- 115g caster sugar
- 60g almond meal
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C and brush 2 baking trays with melted butter to grease.
- Melt butter and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg, add butter, flour, sugar, almonds and almond essence, and stir until well combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons ful of mixture into balls. Place on trays about 3cm apart.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until lightly golden
- Set aside on baking trays for 15 minutes to cool.